Mid Coast 4 Kids is committed to positively influencing the systems that hold disadvantage in place. We focus on understanding the root causes of issues that negatively impact on children, young people and families on the Mid Coast. Our aim is to positively interrupt those systems to help give children and young people the best possible start in life.
We focus on:
- Understanding the systems that impact on the wellbeing and life outcomes of children, young people and families
- Prevention and early intervention
- Building capacity in children, young people and families over the life course
- Outcomes and using evidence to co-design interventions that work
- Measuring impact over time
“It’s not the issue or the person we need to fix, it’s the conditions that surround that issue or individual that we need to work on….”
Building Capacity To See the Water
“Attempting to foster systems change without building the capacity to “see” systems leads to a lot of talk and very little results. One does not learn to play the violin in a three-day intensive course. Real learning —developing a capability to do something we could not do before — demands deep commitment, mentoring, and never-ending practice”. (Kania, et al. Water for Systems Change).